Goodmorning my dear followers!
Well, this period of time and especially next year will be extremely difficult for me since I am having the final exams for the University I am going to study at. My mind is full of thoughts and dreams for a brilliant future and I am super excited with the idea of moving out of my current house. I imagine myself, in a cute and cosy downtown apartment, with sweet lights and pretty decoration. I have got a huge pile of decoration magazines and books and every time I want to conentrate and set new motives, I open one of them and browse for my future home! This way, I gain power to study more and furthermore succeed. I have this new moto while studying boring history pages: 'Give it a go and think of your cosy house'
My idyllic house would be somewhere in an old neighbourhood, full of pretty buildings with balconies. A little scent of Amelie's neighbourhood for example. Old white windows, almond trees, vintage bookstores and lots of flowers! The air would smell of hot chocolate and croissant. I know its way too unusual and really hard to happen, but who cares! I really believe that our life could be like a movie.
All my inspirations come from Paris apartments and buildings! I would love to have a really nice bakery nearby too. As for my interior decoration, I have to tell you that I love lights! Cosy, sweet and beautiful lights, make THE difference in the house. It doesn't matter wether you have the most cool decoration ever, if you don't have the right lamps lighting the place up. I am telling you there's nothing better than a cosy light next to a vintage window and freshly baked cookies in a rainy day!
Now, do you see the difference? It lights up the whole room and makes it a place where you want to snuggle up, eat cupcakes and drink hot cocoa while playing board games! Moving on with the kitchen. Take a sneak peek.
Fun wallpapers, different coloured bowls and dishes, shelves for cookbooks, grandma's vintage tea sets, a pink Smeg fridge and a purple mixer! Its time I lead to you to my bedroom. I would absolutely settle with something like that.
Now, here are some tips I found on a deco magazine to transform your place:
- Put a picture of your beloved animal next to your doorbell, saying 'welcome home'!
- If you have stairs in your house, paint them in different colors to make it more fun!
- Put pictures of your life, in unusual frames of different kinds on a wall.
- Paint the ceiling in a light-pastel color. Light blue or creamy white. When you'll look up, you will think you are in heaven!
- Invest in sweet-smelling detergents for your laundry. Lavender will absolutely make your day!
- Put vintage wallpaper in your wardrobe.
- Mirrors! Lots of them, in different places, in different colors!
- Buy a warm basket, with a cute pillow for your loving animal and place it in the corner of your living room.
That's for now, sweet people! I hope I've given you plenty ideas to work on and make your place a place like heaven. Cause nowhere is like home...
Have an amazing weekend and enjoy your life as much as you can